Choosing the best eye cream for your personal skincare needs can be something akin to hunting for a magical yet elusive bottle of elixir. Eye creams are the go-to product for many of us who are looking to soften and reverse fine lines developed over the years. Or simply erase dark circles and puffy bags that tend to pop up under our eyes from time to time.
However, finding an eye cream that lives up to the promises on its label can pose a difficult and exasperating conundrum. It is not uncommon to try brand after brand without success, building up such a collection of eye creams in the process that you could easily open your own store! Needless to say, we felt it was time to streamline the process and put together a comprehensive list of the best eye cream offerings currently on the market.
To make your search for the best eye cream that allows you to achieve your skincare goals simpler and stress-free, we investigated countless offerings on the market based on the quality of their ingredients, long-term results, effectiveness, and cost. We have narrowed the list down to our top 5 picks for the best eye cream. Each of these formulas truly lives up to their brand promises and are sure to be an essential addition to your skincare regime for ongoing, optimal hydration.
Best Eye Cream Products FAQ
1. Why Use Eye Cream At All?
The area of skin around everyone’s eyes is one of the most highly sensitive and delicate areas of the human body. By nature, it is prone to wrinkle far more easily and lose its elasticity at a far swifter pace than other areas of your face. Incorporating a dependable eye cream into your skincare routine is essential for the prevention and treatment of lines and wrinkles.
2. What Does Eye Cream Actually Do?
Eye creams are inherently designed to hydrate gently and plump the tender skin areas around your eyes. The best eye cream is one which not only provides moisture to the area of application but draws it naturally from beneath the skin and your environment to create an intense hydrating effect.
3. How Does It Work?
The best eye cream is one which contains vitamins, peptides, and antioxidants, which work together to fight dark circles, puffy eyes, and lines. The formulas contained within eye creams are designed to specifically treat those sensitive eye areas and work with the natural moisture inside your skin to produce the desired effect. There are eye creams designed solely for use at night before bed, as well as numerous formulas that can be worn under your makeup for constant, daily skin hydration.
4. Should You Use Eye Cream?
You might be wondering whether you should wait to use eye cream until lines or crows feet start to crop up. Actually, it is a very good idea to incorporate eye cream into your skincare routine before signs of aging ever start to appear.
One of the best ways to prevent and minimize fine lines and bags is to consistently hydrate the skin with antioxidants over a period of time, priming the skin consistently and effectively. If you are looking for the best eye cream to combat existing, sagging lines, it is never too late to select an effective formula that will work with your skin type to produce lasting results.
5. How Affordable Are Eye Creams?
There are certainly a plethora of eye creams to choose from, designed for every skin type and tailored to a variety of personal preferences. They range depending on brand, ingredients, etc. Our selection of the top 5 best eye creams is a combination of higher end and budget-friendly options that do not sacrifice quality or hydrating integrity.
How We Reviewed
In reviewing a multitude of the best eye cream selections available, we used some stringent guidelines to narrow the list down to our top 5. Every eye cream is dermatologist recommended, naturally and effectively increasing moisture and collagen creation to hydrate and smooth skin from the inside out.
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and peptides, every formula is tailored for an array of skin types and needs, maintaining, restoring and fortifying the tissue. Whether you are looking to lighten circles, reduce lines, smooth out puffiness, or simply take a little extra care in treating your skin, there is something for everyone on our list.
What We Reviewed
- Retinol Correxion Anti-Aging Eye Cream
- SkinMedica TNS Eye Repair
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Eye Capsules
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream
- Clinically proven to visibly rejuvenate the delicate skin around the eyes
- Powered by pure RoC Retinol and our exclusive mineral complex
- In just 4 weeks, you’ll see a visible reduction in puffiness and dark circles
When searching for the best eye cream, it is always a good idea to select one containing retinol as an active ingredient. The Retinol Correxion Anti-Aging Eye Cream is specifically designed for individuals looking to reverse the signs of aging and lines which develop around your eyes through the years. This formula enhances collagen creation and works directly with the skin to firm and bolster the layers of tissue.
- Strengthens skin and increases collagen.
- Affordable and deeply moisturizing.
- Designed more for correcting the after-effects of aging.
- Smoothes existing lines and wrinkles rather than working to prevent them.
- Greatly reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles
- Consists of peptides in addition to vitamins A, C, and E to help support the skin around…
- Helps in improving the appearance of dark circles
If you are not sure exactly which is the best eye cream for your skin type, look no further than SkinMedica TNS Eye Repair. It is a comprehensive choice for treatment and prevention of signs of aging, lines, and puffiness around the eyes.
It contains antioxidants and vitamin A, C, and E, which work with hyaluronic acid and peptides to maintain, moisturize and fortify the skin. In addition, it is specially designed to lighten dark areas underneath the eyes and visibly illuminate your skin.
- Perfect for all skin types.
- Combination of vitamins and antioxidants work both to minimize and prevent signs of aging.
- Lightens and brightens sensitive eye areas.
- Comes with a heftier price tag.
- If you are looking to treat more specific areas (i.e., wrinkles, dry skin around the eyes), you might prefer a less comprehensive option.
- 0.5-fluid ounce tube of hydrating Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream, specially designed…
- Contains hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin. It acts as a sponge for…
- The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly like a gel, with the long-lasting, intense…
This product made our best skin cream list for its special hydrating formula that is completely free of any oils, dyes or fragrances. The area surrounding your eyes can be easily drained of its collagen over time, not merely from the aging process, but also when the body is dehydrated or has too much sun exposure. This eye cream is filled with hyaluronic acid which acts as a deep moisturizer for the skin.
- Highly moisturizing and rehydrating.
- Plumps and revitalizes the skin.
- Comes at a fairly affordable price.
- The formula takes a while to dry after application.
- You need to wait to apply makeup over eye cream until it has dried completely.
- Super fruit Blend: Acai, Goji, Mangosteen, Noni and Pomegranate Fruit Extract
- Coffee Seed provide antioxidant protection for healthy-looking skin.
- Apple Leaf Extract: Provides soothing relief to irritated skin.
This option is a strong contender if you are searching for the best eye cream, but want a formula that sets itself apart from the pack. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Eye Capsules are actually cylindrical gel tablets containing oils specifically geared to fight the effects of aging on the eyes.
The ceramides work to retain hydration while keeping out environmental elements that cause aggravation to the skin around the eyes. These capsules are ideal if you are looking to restore skin tissue that has been consistently worn down by wrinkles and lines.
- Smooths and restores skin.
- Minimizes wrinkles and lines for a plumped visage.
- It comes with a heftier price tag.
- Once the capsules dissolve, it will take a while for the oil to soak into the skin and work its effects.
- eye cream
The Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate formula is easily one of the best eye cream offerings on the market currently. This product is incredibly budget-friendly yet does not sacrifice the quality and effectiveness of its ingredients.
It contains black tea extract combined with noni fruit juice. Noni is full of antioxidants and the ever essential hyaluronic acid, which helps your skin to absorb and maintain a moisturized state. The formula is lightweight and spreadable, blending easily into your skin for long-wear use.
- Hydrates skin to consistently minimize wrinkles, lines, and dark circles.
- Natural ingredients which soothe and heal the skin.
- Soaks into the skin quickly and easily.
- It is not necessarily strong enough to for use on its own to combat signs of aging.
- It is not ideal for combination and oily skin.