In this day and age, it seems many people are trying to focus on healthier living. For instance, you may find that more and more people are looking into the health benefits of all-natural eating (organic foods and other natural products). It makes perfect sense that you would want to be more aware and put natural products in your body, but what about on your body?
You likely don’t pay attention to the ingredients of products you use daily, such as antiperspirants, makeup, and shampoo. You should treat yourself to all-natural products, including natural shampoo products.
The shampoo you use likely contains ingredients that are harmful to your hair and skin. Thus, it’s a good idea to switch to a natural product.
Best Natural Shampoo Brands by Hair Type
Finding the right shampoo for your hair type is stressful enough. Now for finding something that is healthy for your hair, too. How are you supposed to choose a product that is good for your hair type and contains natural ingredients?
Thankfully, the list below helps your search and decision-making process.
1. The Lipogaine Hair Growth Stimulating All-Natural Shampoo
- Trusted Brand: Hundreds of thousands people around the world have been in love with…
- Premium natural ingredients based hair stimulating shampoo, strengthen & nourish hair and…
- Powerful proprietary blend of Biotin, Caffeine, Argan Oil, Castor oil and Saw Palmetto for…
Lipogaine Hair Growth Stimulating All-Natural Shampoo is a great choice for men and women who have thin hair or hair that suffers from a lot of breakages.
In short, it’s a natural shampoo that doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals. It has a mild formula that is healthy, adds volume, and strengthens individual strands of your hair.
- Contains premium organic ingredients
- No parabens or sulfates
- Safe for color treated hair
- Good for thin hair
- Not made for everyone
- Long list of ingredients
- Very thick & hard to lather
- Only promotes hair growth (no help with hair loss)
If you are a man or a woman with thinning you may enjoy the use of this natural shampoo. It stimulates your hair follicles, so you enjoy the look and feel of naturally thicker hair.
However, the formula will maximize the volume of your hair, so if you already have naturally thick hair, this product is not recommended for you. Overall, it’s worth a try.
2. Natural Mint Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- WINTER BLEND cooling color safe shampoo & conditioner is specifically designed to revive…
- REFRESHING SHAMPOO CLEANSER plant-based volumizing deep-cleanser removes oily build-up…
- NOURISHING CONDITIONER for dry hair leaves hair shiny strong and healthy-looking….
If you’re looking for a natural shampoo and conditioner, you might try the Natural Mint Shampoo and Conditioner Set.
This natural shampoo is best used by those who have frizzy, damaged hair in need of moisturizing strength. Above all, the plant-based volumizing abilities make hair look full and smooth while giving your hair life.
- Safe for color treated hair
- Rejuvenates & revitalizes hair
- Penetrates & removes residue
- Adds hydrating oils to hair without a greasy look
- Great for all hair types
- Contains hard to pronounce ingredients
- Could irritate some scalps depending on sensitivity
- Some consumers may no enjoy the smell
Make sure you check the ingredients carefully just in case you’re allergic to any. If you have no allergy issues, you’ll enjoy what this shampoo and conditioner combo can do for your hair.
For instance, the mixture of mint and lavender has a soothing effect on your scalp and can help you feel relaxed.
3. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow, & Restore Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH: Peppermint oil invigorates hair scalp and stimulates cells to make…
- BALANCE PH LEVELS: Loaded with the goodness of Apple Cider Vinegar , this shampoo and…
- REJUVENATES: Enriching Jamaican Black Castor Oil fortifies and renews chemically treated,…
If you plan to use a natural shampoo, try using a national conditioner, too. The Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow, & Restore Shampoo and Conditioner Set offers a unique blend of natural ingredients for your hair. Another key point, the shampoo removes build-up of residue while the addition of apple cider vinegar balances your hair’s PH levels.
- Stimulates the scalp
- Good for most hair types
- Made for men & women
- Restores hair back to healthy state
- Helps tame curls
- Softens hair using Jamaican castor oil
- Poor packaging
- Occasional delivery issues
- Not safe for use on color treated hair
- Somewhat sticky and hard to lather
Aside from some complaints involving packaging and delivery issues, this product seems like a worthy contender. Having the shampoo and conditioner combined makes even better.
Don’t use this product if you have color treated hair. Specifically, it may fade or strip away the color.
4. The Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo – Natural Essential Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo For Dry Itchy &…
- HAIR GROWTH THERAPY SHAMPOO for women men and children. Promotes fast hair growth and…
- TEA TREE MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO FOR DANDRUFF hydrates the scalp locks in moisture & cleans…
Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo is a great choice for anyone looking to cure issues with a dry, flaky scalp. The tea tree oil has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties (good for both hair and skin).
At the same time, tea tree oil can also help prevent lice, which makes it great for adults and children. Part of what makes this natural shampoo an excellent choice is it’s good for almost any hair type.
- Free of parabens, sulfates, & silicones
- Offers natural hair growth
- Promotes a flake-free scalp
- Acts as a lice treatment & prevention product
- Some report a different product arriving when ordered
- Scent is not appealing to everyone
- May not work on extreme cases of dandruff and dry scalp issues
On the condition that you do not have a severe case of dandruff, this natural shampoo is sure to help you beat those white flakes. If you have children, you will love the lice prevention the shampoo provides since many school-aged children are prone to bringing home lice.
Most importantly, your hair will feel smoother and healthier.
5. Majestic Pure Tea Tree Shampoo
Majestic Pure Tea Tree Shampoo is a great product because it assists with dry hair and itchy, flaky scalps.
It’s a product made for men and women and can be considered an anti-dandruff shampoo. It is made in the U.S. and is free of parabens and sulfates, making it an excellent choice for a natural shampoo.
On the whole, the shampoo leaves the hair and scalp with a cleaner, healthier feel.
- Free of parabens & sulfates
- Promotes hair growth
- Suitable for both men & women
- Helps cure dandruff
- Penetrates through build-up on the hair
- Some reported packaging issues
- May require using more product than normal
- Thick formula may seem hard to lather
Although you might have to use more than a little squirt of product, the results are worth it.
The shampoo leaves your hair feeling as good as it looks. Your hair will be shinier and healthier. In particular, you will also notice that it feels soft and clean.
What is a Natural Shampoo?
Information drives Today’s consumers, so it makes sense that they would want to understand the products they purchase. Therefore, you should know what defines a natural shampoo. Most noteworthy, you can tell if it’s a natural shampoo by the ingredients it contain. A natural product will include natural ingredients, such as plant and herb extracts, instead of nasty chemicals.
If you find several hard to pronounce names or any chemical names on the ingredients list, it’s probably not natural.
When searching for a natural shampoo, look for one that contains a maximum of nine ingredients. That doesn’t mean a natural shampoo can’t contain more than nine ingredients, but if it contains several elements, it could mean there are other unnatural additives.A bottle of shampoo is only considered natural if it contains only natural ingredients. The addition of colorants, perfumes, and chemicals means that it’s not a natural shampoo.
Check carefully when purchasing a shampoo product or brand.
Is Natural Shampoo Better for You?
If you have never thought to pay attention to the ingredients in your shampoo, you might not know the difference between a standard and natural shampoo.
Is paying for a natural shampoo even worth it? Is it better for you? The answer to both of those questions is, “Yes!”
Natural shampoo offers your hair fantastic benefits. Some of the benefits you can enjoy include:
- The use of natural products (not harmful to your hair, will not dry your hair out)
- Does not leave a toxic residue (cleans the hair rather than coating it in an impenetrable residue)
- Encourages hair growth (ingredients stimulate hair follicles so you can grow longer, thicker, healthier looking hair)
- Is non-allergenic (since it does not contain harmful chemicals, it is a non-allergenic product that is safe for every skin type)
- Has an appealing scent (makes use of natural ingredients to give you a mild, yet lovely smelling fragrance)
- Is environmentally friendly (ingredients in the shampoo are bio-degradable, which makes it eco-friendlier in comparison to products with harsh chemicals)
These are just a few of the many reasons you should consider switching to a natural shampoo. It is good for you, your hair, your skin, and the environment.
Natural shampoos won’t strip your hair of their natural moisture. They also have no toxins in the ingredients.
List of Natural Ingredients You Want in Your Shampoo
When you look at the ingredients list of natural shampoo, you will notice different natural ingredients in each. Some of the ingredients you will want to see include:
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera
- Organic shea butter
- Organic tea tree oil
The combination of coconut oil and aloe Vera stimulate your hair follicles to encourage healthy hair growth. Both ingredients also moisturize your scalp. Hence, preventing a dry, itchy feeling you sometimes get after washing your hair.
Beta glucan is an immunity boosting ingredient that helps protect your skin from irritation.
Especially relevant, organic shea butter enhances the appearance of your hair by adding a natural shine to it. It also increases the color of your hair for a brighter, more beautiful look.
Finally, organic tea tree oil is an antiseptic additive that protects your scalp and the rest of your skin against unwanted irritation.
Ingredients to Avoid
There are several ingredients you should avoid. If you find the following ingredients in your shampoo, toss it out and find something more natural instead:
- Parabens (methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben, and benzylparaben)
- Sodium Laureth sulfate
- Polyethylene glycol
- Potassium sorbate
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Behentrimonium chloride
As you can see from the list of ingredients you should avoid, most of them don’t sound natural. They are complicated, hard to pronounce words that should be avoided.
Furthermore, each of these harmful ingredients has negative impacts on your health.
The Effects of Unnatural Ingredients in Shampoo
Parabens are preservatives used in many everyday products, including shampoos. Some people may say they’re not bad for you, but they are. After all, they’re not natural. After all, parabens are a synthetic form of estrogen. As a result, high estrogen exposure can put you at risk of breast cancer and a low sperm count.
You increase your risk of breast cancer every time you use a product containing parabens.
Sodium lauryl sulfate can cause cancer, rashes, depression, and even damage your liver. Unnatural added fragrances may lead to increased toxicity levels within your major organs and can even clog your lymphatic system. Triclosan may irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs. In fact, it may also disrupt the proper functions of your organs and endocrine system.
Stay away from dimethicone as it can irritate your eyes, skin, and scalp. Polyethylene glycol shares a direct link to cancer and is a toxic ingredient that can damage your organs. Potassium sorbate is toxic to your skin and organs. Cocamidopropyl betaine can cause allergic reactions and irritate skin and eyes.
Watch out for ingredients that cause allergic reactions.
Quaternium-15 contains a carcinogenic known as formaldehyde. Polysorbates can irritate your lungs, eyes, and skin. Phenoxyethanol can also irritate your lungs, eyes, and skin, and it may lead to vomiting and contact dermatitis. Finally, Behentrimonium chloride can cause significant damage to your eyes and may irritate your skin.
Overall, you can see how terrifying these chemicals can be for your body.
How to Make Homemade Natural Shampoo
In addition to being able to purchase a natural shampoo, you can make your own, too. If you would like to learn how to make your own homemade natural shampoo, refer to the video below:
As shown above, the video goes over a shampoo recipe and lists the ingredients you should not use and why natural ingredients are better.
With just a few simple ingredients, you could be well on your way to making homemade shampoo. In short, make sure you use water, liquid castile soap, and olive oil. If you wish, you can always add natural essential oils for whichever scent you prefer.
Choose a Natural Shampoo
Overall, choosing a natural shampoo is better for your hair care. Aside from the fact that it is healthier for your hair and skin, it is also great for your health.
Harmful chemical ingredients found in standard shampoos can cause irritation or significant damage to your health.
In conclusion, buying a paraben-free natural shampoo allows you to enjoy healthier hair without the harsh chemicals that can destroy it.